Monday, July 26, 2010

More Word Snobbery: Back to basics

Enough of the hard stuff, eh? Let's do a simple excercise.
Is that how you spell excercise? It can't be. ech.

Anyway:
Words I Love
Creek
Glue
Cream
Envelope
Egress
Flange

Words I don't hate but would rather not have to use because they are somehow icky
Bland
Probably
Illicit
Grease
Price
and Vomitorium (which I just learned today is a building term for the place designed to channel and maintain large numbers of people in the throes of mass egress. Think stadiums after the game is over. Where you all pile up at the top of the ramp/stairs - that's the vomitorium apparently. I know, right? GAH!)

Interestingly, these are sounds I've re-discovered and re-fallen in love with
Our backyard toads singing at night
Kitty crunching her kibbles (om nom nom!)
and
the sound of a freshly applied rubber stamp peeling off the surface of the freshly stamped paper

*ahhh*

No comments: