Friday, August 22, 2008

A quickie:

Um - that, if you hadn't already guessed, was a little poem thing I wrote about a Swainson's Hawk (possibly a red-shouldered?) I saw sitting atop a telephone pole as I drove home from my miserable temp job two days ago.

But goodish news lies on the horizon, gentle reader. I'm >this< close to getting started on a new temp job on Monday for something like twice the pay. It sounds like the kind of thing that could take months. It might also be mentally engaging - but I won't hold my breath.

Wish me luck, wish the person who is coming in to train to take my place luck, and wish my sister in law and my brother lots of luck as they spend another night eagerly anticipating the arrival of their equally eager to arrive twins. I'm guessing next week sometime, but have gotten strong indications from the folks actually up to their noses in it that this weekend would work just fine if they don't get born tomorrow. Lots of lurve to the mom and poppa to be, may the procedure be swift, serene and comfortable (or as close to that as they can get, considering the circumstances.)

No comments: