Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Seven Hundred And Three

ideas for short stories taken from my very own life
 
 
Did I ever tell you about the time that I was so angry that Cereberus himself bowed his head(s) and allowed me to pass through the gates of hell carrying nothing but my fury on my shoulders? 
 
Did I ever tell you about the time I sat next to a time lord on the bus to work?
 
Did you know about the wish that Santa granted for me?
 
Have I told you about the laughing man and his underground caves of the subways of Paris?
 
Did you know I was once so bereft of hope that I let a giant wolf eat up the whole world?
 
Did you hear aout how I discovered that my closet was a portal to the never-never?
 
Do you remember when my very bones burst into flame?
 
Have you heard about the time I got a hug from Buddha?
 
Did I tell you about how I got swindled by a secret agent?
 
Did I tell you about the day the sun fell clean out of the sky?
 
Did you know that the Easter Bunny owes me six bucks?
 
Did I tell you about the time a mermaid stole my memory?
 
Have I told you about the night I kissed the moon but then she cried?
 
Did I tell you about the time I defeated the Goblin King?
 
Did you hear about how I dared the devil to find me and what I happened to him when he did?
 
Have I told you about the time I danced for a room full of sparkling angels?
 
Do you remember when the monkey king stole my car?
 
 
I should tell you about those things someday.  I bet there's a book in there somewhere.  D'you think?
Somewhere between Mab, the Fairy Queen of Dreams (and the day we played cards) and the Duke and Duchess of Apple Blossoms (and how we fought away the nothing)...  I bet there's a book in there.  Yessiree.
 

No comments: