Monday, March 16, 2009

Hoping for a Miracle

I don't even know what that means, "miracle", but I'm pretty sure I'm hoping for one.

I have an interview in less than an hour for an HR position at a pay rate fairly significantly lower than my ultimate budget can bear - but then again it's better than what I'm earning now (which is zilch.)

Wish me luck. I'm going to go find what to wear and change clothes about a billion times while practising my "you can't function as a business without me" smile. I'm going to think of exactly zero intelligent questions to ask too. Or if I come up with one, it'll immediately slink out of my brain as soon as I sit down in that conference room with too many blinds that give me swirly feelings in my head.

Oh boy, I hadn't quite forgotten what it felt like to be looking forward to an interview/first date like this - but I had absolutely shunted the feeling into a box in the back of the closet. I'm all a-flutter! I REALLY need this to work.

Time to also practise looking competent-not-desperate.

No comments: